(1) Who We Are
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page so you should check it regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
(2) Your Privacy
Throughout the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process information about you. Personal information includes any information that allows us to identify you as an individual. For example, your name, email address or telephone number.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will use your information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This documents details:
- What personal information we collect.
- Why we collect this information.
- How we will use the information.
- How long we will keep it.
- Who else can see it.
- How you can contact us.
- Your rights in relation to the information we hold, including your rights to change, delete and see your information.
When using our website, we will place cookies on your device. Please see our Cookies Policy for more details regarding the cookies we use and how you can change your cookie settings.
(3) What information do we collect?
When you use our website to browse or make a purchase of one of the goods or services that we offer for sale, or when you register for an account on our website (without making a purchase) you may be asked to provide certain personal information about you.
We collect the following types of information when you make a purchase or register for an account:
This information may include:
- Your name.
- Your postal address.
- Your contact information.
- Your date of birth
- A password (please make a strong password and keep this safe)
- Your marketing preferences.
Trade Customers will also be asked to provide:
- Vat Number (where applicable)
If you make a purchase on our website you may also be asked to enter your credit or debit card details. You may be redirected to a 'payment gateway' website to enter your card details, or you might be asked to enter these directly onto our website.
Your full credit or debit card details are never stored on any databases we hold. You may be asked if you want to 'store' your purchase information for faster checkout at a later date, where you do store this information the full card information is never stored on any databases we hold. Instead we send the full information to our payment processor, who then send back a secure 'token' which we then use to place future purchases. To help you identify stored cards, we may store the last 4 digits of the card, the type of card (e.g. Visa or MasterCard) and the expiry date.
Where you wish, you can always delete a stored card within your customer account.
Information we collect about how you use our website
When you visit our website, we will automatically collect certain information about the device you are using to access it. This will include information about the website browser you are using and the IP address of your internet connection. We may also identify your device with a unique, randomly generated, identifier.
As you browse our website, we will continue to collect information about the website pages that you look at during your visit, how long you visit them, and what links you click on each page. We may also record what keywords you used to locate our website and what third-party website referred you to our website.
The information we collect about you is referred to as Device Information. It's not personally identifiable to you (for example, we don't collect or associate your name or address with this Device Information) and it's not stored on our systems for any longer than we need to store it in order to allow you to use our website for the purposes in which it is intended.
We collect Device Information from you using Cookies. These are small data files that are placed on the browser you use, on your device, to visit the website. Cookies often include an anonymous and unique identifier (so we know it is your device).
Certain cookies are placed on our website in order to make it work. For example, when you add items to the shopping basket/cart we need to store this information on a cookie. Where cookies we place on your computer are:
- Not identifiable to you as a living person, and
- Only placed in order to fulfil the inherent functions of an ecommerce website
We will not ask for your permission before we place them.
We may, from time to time, also collect information about your actions on the website and record those actions in log files. This data will include your IP address and may include the device that you are using, the browser that you are using, your internet service provider and be attached to date and time stamps. Will only include this information for as long as necessary.
(4) Why do we ask for this information?
When you place an order online or over the phone, we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order.
We will not ask for or accept payment details via email.
You can browse our website without providing this information to us. When you place an order on our website/s we will ask you to log in or register so you can create an account where you can save your preferences and retrieve them from different devices.
You may also provide us with personal information via our product Q&A’s, product reviews, competition entries and blog post comments.
We will ask for and/or collect your information when you use our customer support services, including telephone, email, contact through social media and instant messaging.
You do not have to give us permission in order to use our website/s.
We ask you for permission to send you marketing and promotional material using your address, telephone number, email address and SMS, so that we can send you promotional offers, business/product updates, and other marketing materials we believe may be of interest to you. If you give permission you can withdraw this at any time by:
- Logging into your account and updating your preferences.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling 01253 397200
- Writing to us at 103-105 Mowbray Drove, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY3 7UN.
If you choose not to receive marketing information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications. For example, communication in relation to orders placed.
(5) How we use your personal information
Below we have set out the purposes for which we use your personal information. We are also required by law to state a ‘legal basis for processing’, i.e. on what grounds we can use your information, and this is also set our below.
The legal basis for each purpose is that we have your consent for the use of your personal information, or that we need to use your personal information in order to fulfil our contract with you, or that the use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interest (which we will explain).
Purpose of Processing
To communicate with you about your order for a service or product.
We use your personal information in order to fulfil our obligations under our contract with you.
(e.g. to deliver a product you have ordered.)
Contact you about leaving a review on a product or service or to provide feedback once your order has been completed or the service provided.
We use your personal information to contact you to ask you to provide feedback on the product you have ordered, or the service provided.
Notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you.
(e.g. respond to queries you submit to us.)
We will use your personal information to keep you up to date with changes to our services and to respond to your queries.
Send you information about products and services, including promotions, vouchers, exclusive offers, and information relating to products and events.
We use your personal information to send you this.
In some cases (for example where we are required to by law) we will ask for your consent before sending this.
Review you purchase history and website viewing history to provide you with special offers or to tailor your online experience.
We use your personal information to provide you with offers and to tailor your online experience.
To help us review, develop and improve the products and services we offer.
E.g. market research requests via email (which you can opt of).
We use your personal information to help us deliver the best quality service to you and our other customers and to improve our product lines and services.
To improve and measure the effectiveness of our online marketing communication, including advertising.
We also share cookies and other data with social media entities such as Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, in order to make our advertising more relevant to you.
We require that all third parties treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable data protection legislation.
We use your personal information so we can deliver you a tailored experience when using the digital services described and to help us understand the effectiveness of our advertising and to make sure the adverts are relevant to you.
To provide, enhance, and personalise your experience of our digital services on our website/s and applications.
We use your personal information to deliver a tailored experience to you when using our digital services.
Carry out security checks to protect against fraudulent activity/transactions and to prevent and detect criminal activity.
We use your personal information to protect against unlawful activities.
In some cases, we may also be under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information (e.g. to law enforcement agencies.)
Address any claims made against us.
We use your personal information to address any claims you make against us.
In some cases, we may be under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information (e.g. in connection with legal proceedings).
Our website/s and apps are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect information relating to children.
(6) How long do we keep your personal information?
We are required by law to keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes we are using it for. The period for which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using it, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information and our legal and regulatory obligations.
(7) Who do we share your information with?
We may disclose your information to third parties, including the following circumstances:
- We use third parties to carry out activities on our behalf that involve processing personal information. For example, we may engage third party service providers to fulfil orders, take payments, deliver packages, send postal mail, send SMS text messages, email services, and to analyse data to improve our services.
These third parties have access to the personal information they need to perform the functions required from them but may not use it for any other purpose.
We may use information we receive from third parties to improve our service, and for purposes such as fraud prevention.
- We may share information we hold about you (for example your email address and purchase history) with third parties who also hold your information to provide you with relevant marketing online.
For example, we may share your information with social networking sites so they can identify you as a customer of ours and tailor the marketing we send you via their sites.
- We may pass your details to third parties for market research purposes and they contact you requesting you to complete surveys on our behalf.
- We may pass your personal information to external agencies (including law enforcement agencies and the police) for the purpose of detecting and preventing fraud (including fraudulent activities) and criminal activity.
These external agencies may check the information given to them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks.
- We may pass your personal information to our insurers in the event of a claim is made against or could be made against us.
- If we buy or sell business assets, we may disclose information held by us to the prospective buyer or seller of the assets in question. If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose this information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with court orders), or in order to enforce or apply any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you, including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates), or to protect our rights, property and safety and that of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- We may share anonymous or aggregate data (such as statistics) with third parties.
Links to external sites
Please note, third party websites and applications are not under our control. When you click through to these sites or access the application you leave the site controlled by us. We do not accept responsibility or liability for any issues arising from the use of third-party sites and their use of your data (including personal information).
Where will your information be processed?
Your personal information may be transferred, stored and processed in one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries who do not provide equivalent protection for personal information. In these circumstances we will take all reasonable precautions and implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the law.
Please contact us for further information relating to the specific safeguards in place when transferring your data.
(8) Your rights
You have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm what data we hold about you and provide you with a copy of that data.
- Correct any personal information about you that may be inaccurate.
- Remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us to hold this data.
- Temporarily stop using your information if you are questioning our reason for using it.
- Stop using your information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we nee to hold that data (for example supporting a warranty).
- Stop using your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Provide you with the personal information you have provided to us in a structured and commonly used electronic format.
Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we release this information to you.
We want to make sure that the information we hold for you and your preferences are accurate and up to date. If any details, we hold are incorrect please let us know on the details below.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you are not happy with how we have handled your personal information. You can contact them at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 03031231113 (local rate) or 01625 545745
- Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Website: www.ico.org.uk
(9) How to contact us
To update your details, ask for a copy of your personal information or any other query please contact us on the details below.
Phone: 01253 397200
Post: 103-105 Mowbray Drove, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY3 7UN.
(10) Protecting your personal information
Transmitting information over the internet is not completely secure. This risk is common across the internet and specific to our website/s or services. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including personal information) transmitted to our services. Any information transmitted is at your own risk.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access your device and account password. Be sure to sign off when you have finished your browsing session and close your browser. This will help to ensure that others do not have access to your personal information if you are sharing or using a shared device in a public place.
(11) Updates to this notice
We may update this notice from time to time. It is your duty to regularly check this page for updates.
The latest version will be posted to our website/s.